We live in a world that moves rapidly. One of the weirdest stressors we face at the moment is what to do with downtime. Living at home is new for a lot people who are used to socializing in more open and interactive ways. What to do with a pack of children suddenly out of school? What to do instead of going to your regular Tuesday night spot for dinner and drinks? We hope this blog might give you some ideas to carry you through.
Easy Family Fun
Try out these family friendly ideas!
- Cook Together. You may not typically think of cooking as a fun way to get through the day, but it can be a blast. You can divvy up the work and create more complex and tasty meals. Try your own at home version of Top Chef. Pit your children against each other with three ingredients and challenge them to make the most delicious snack with additions from the pantry. Let them take turns being the judge while you have a go at the perfect snack.
- Have an indoor picnic. Lay out a blanket and let in some sunlight. Que up virtual walk through—how about London, England? Eat on the floor and pretend you’re far away from it all.
- Have a karaoke night! Youtube is full of karaoke playlists like this one. Que one up for hours of cringy fun!
- Throw a costume party. Break out the old Halloween make up and those costumes stuffed in the back of the closets. Challenge everyone to create a character out of their clothes. Put on a fashion show and turn your living room into a runway!
- Have a good old-fashioned scavenger hunt. Create a list of clues. Send everyone to farthest reaches of your home and hand out a prize like a one time pass on doing the dishes.
- Get creative. The important thing is to think of this as an opportunity to make memories with your loved ones.
Below are some great options for living virtually online. Just because you can’t be there in person doesn’t mean you can’t have a meaningful experience.
- Experience the worlds most famous museums. Take virtual tours. Explore interactive historical timelines and discover artifacts.
- Did someone say Disney World? You can experience Virtual Disney World from the comfort of your couch.
- Learn a new skill. There are many things we all wish we had time to learn. Take some time and do it.
- Ever wanted to attend M.I.T.? You can. M.I.T. offers free online courses. No time like the present, eh?